Apply for the Bosch Service Credit Card Online Now!
Click on the Bosch Service logo.
Infant and Child Safety Seat Recycling Program
Shade Tree Garage accepts infant and child safety seats for recycling from our customers and residents of Morris Plains, Morristown, Morris Township, Mendham, and Randolph. If you are in our service area, you can drop off your disassembled child safety seats at our shop between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. As an added incentive to recycling these car seats, we will offer a $20.00 discount on oil changes, when you bring your expired child safety seat to our location. Call us at 973-540-9880 to schedule an appointment. If you live outside of these areas, we recommend you contact your municipal solid waste or environmental office and ask them to start a similar program.
Why is it Important to Recycle Infant and Child Safety Seats?
Most people are unaware that car safety seats expire five to six years after production. The plastics used in these seats deteriorate over time from sun and heat exposure and the seats become unsafe for use. Also, if a car seat has been in an accident, its protective qualities may be further compromised. If you find a used car seat in a consignment or thrift shop, there's no way of screening them to know if they have expired or been in an accident. You may be putting your child at risk.
Recycling Programs Around the Country
There are approximately one hundren car sfety seat recycling programs across the country. Some of the first programs were organized by Colorado Children's Automobile Safety Foundation, Legacy Health System in Portland Oregon, and Recycle Utah. Web searches for your state should turn up information on available programs in your area.
Free Child Safety Seat Checks Each Month at Shade Tree Garage in Morristown, NJ
Is your child seated safely and securely in the car? Know for certain when you attend one of these FREE safety seat events at Shade Tree Garage in Morristown, New Jersey:
2nd Saturday of the Month from 8am to Noon
3rd Tuesday of the Month from 5pm to 8pm
Four Ways to Attend:
1. Make an appointment on our website (click here)
2. Send us an email at safekids @ shadetreegarage dot com,
3. Call us at 973-540-9880.
4. Just drop in to the event.
How to prepare for the event:
- Be prepared to learn, not just watch the the Child Passenger Safety technician install the car seat. They are trained to teach you.
- Know your child's weight and height.
- Bring your child with you (along with another adult to help watch your child while you are learning).
- Install the seat in your vehicle before coming to the event. Be sure to use the instructions that came with the child car seat along with the instructions in your vehicle owner's manual about car seats.
- Bring the car seat instructions and the vehicle owner's manual.
Child Safety Information
You can learn more about child safety at the following web sites: